Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Squash and Mango Brown Rice

Monday I bought an Imagine Mango and Squash soup that seemed like it would be tasty to add to brown rice. I had some mangoes at the house that needed to be used up and instantly was struck with a brilliant office recipe. Why don't I cook the brown rice and then stir in the soup with some chopped up mangoes! MMMMM mmmmmm MMMMM! Tuesday I had a dentist appointment, so I was out of the office, but when I returned on Wednesday, my fellow positive eater, Matt L. asked me if I could use any squash he brought from home for today's meal. I ran over to check the box and was happy to see that this addition synchronized perfect with the Mango and Squash soup I had purchased! I soaked my rice all morning and then around 11am I began cooking it in the rice cooker. After about 40 minutes I went over to the kitchen and thinly chopped up the squash and mango (when it is chopped thinner it cooks faster I am discovering). This was perfect timing because as soon as I finished chopping the rice was done and at 11:55am I stirred in the soup and threw in the mango and squash. I set my timer for 15 minutes and went back to my desk to attend to a couple things..........

............Ding! At a 12:10pm I sat down with Ry Chi and Matt L. and enjoyed a wonderfully warm and nourishing meal. These box soups are a great way to liven up some rice. Add a few additional spices and you got some tasty grains my friends!

lots of positive feelings for you!

matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm Mmmmm Mango Madness...

I'm Jealous.