If you want to do this activity with your children....I've copied it below.
Let me know how it goes!
Make A Face With Your Food!
Healthy habits begin with our earliest memories. Use simple and fun exercises like this one to make eating wholesome foods a fun experience for everyone involved!
- Pita Pockets
- Start with some pita bread. Separate the pocket into two pieces. Pita pockets are made in wheat, whole wheat and oat bran varieties. Experiment and see which works best with your child
- Hummus, this chickpea and sesame based spread can be used for gluing fruit and vegetable pieces onto the pita pocket. Other ideas: peanut and other nut butters, cream cheese, honey
- With the inner surface of the pocket face up let child experiment using the food to make a face. This will foster a relationship between healthy food and the childs creative center. It also saves you prep time!
- Prompt your child just enough so that they are able to establish appropriate facial structure. Leave lots of room for imagination!
- Take time to admire their work and then let them eat their creation. If the child does not want to ruin their work use already cut pieces to make a standard Hummus and Veggie Sandwich.