Friday, March 14, 2008

Everybody is working for the weekend....

Hey guys,

The weekend is upon us. I am sorry you've been without a pizza post in a couple weeks. We are working on the grandaddy (or grandmommy) of all pizzas. We are getting close!

I am headed to New York this weekend and am going to try and send a post from the road. Stay tuned it will be worth it!

I wish you all a marvelous weekend. Please take time to nourish yourself with the most important food of all....time with friends, family and loved ones.

Here is a great food related activity for you guys.

The Community Salad

(picture found at fellow blogger's site! check it out zioneocon.blogspot.com)

Invite all of your friends over for dinner. Encourage them all to bring one produce item that they would put in a salad. Get a humongous bowl and throw all of it in together! I might encourage your guests to chop, dice, peel the items before hand unless you find the idea of all your friends wielding knives in a confined area appealing. You cannot invite any picky friends over....because you never know what you are going to get. No just kidding, make individual bowls excluding the items your "selective" friends cannot or will not eat.

I've done this before. It makes for an interesting time. I once did a community salad and when we finally were ready to dive into the big wooden bowl of salad.....I realized I forgot to pick up salad dressing! So make sure you have salad dressing....or better yet....make your own! Here is a great easy recipe!

Sesame Maple Dressing (from andreabeaman.com)

  • 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil.
  • 1 tbsp. maple syrup
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 tbsp. ginger juice (grate ginger and squeeze to obtain juice)
  • 2 tbsp. shoyu or tamari

Combine all ingredients.

stay positive,

matthew

2 comments:

Rachel Maeroff said...

(in reference to the picture) Can you imagine the size of the utensils you need to mix that thing?!? And the size of the salad dressing bottle!!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about that too, and I came right away got a vision from school I bet that they all hold an end of that tarp thing its on, and play the parachute game that I play with my kids! They move their arms up and down and make sure nothing falls out! It's great teamwork!

As for the dressing bottle... I have no ideas!! :)