Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hey man, stop grilling my veggies.

Today was a true cooperative effort. I was in the mood for a grilled veggie sandwich and picked up some really fresh wraps at the local Whole Foods (where the award winning Sushi Chef Raymond Tu serves food) and an eggplant. I thought I would bring some peppers and zucchini to work to grill up on my trusty George Foreman (which is stored at work with my blender, rice cooker, pasta maker, hot pot, cutting board and utensils). On my way to work I realized I did not bring any of these items. My trusty colleague Matt L. came through with a some summer squash and a zucchini.
We grilled these as they were with no oil and wrapped them up with some Roasted Garlic Salsa. This was really good. Many of my co-workers were hovering over our food with focused gazes. I believe the slang terminology for what they were doing is "grilling". I am happy people are "grilling me". One reason is, I love attention. The other reason is grilling makes for a delicious experience!

stay postive,

matthew

PS

I am kind of curious about the use of these food related statements now

"I am steaming"
"That guy really cooked my goose"
"That's Hot"
"Out of the frying pan and into the fire"
"She's got a salty attitude"
"Holy Mackerel"

let me know if you can think of any others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're Funny :) ;)

Anonymous said...

"heard it through the grapevine"
catch more with honey