Monday, March 10, 2008

Looks like spring is on its way

Hi All,

I absolutely loved having that blog post featuring that wonderful group of preschool students at the top of the page. Please feel free to scroll down the page and view the previous post several times. It will brighten your day!

Spring is on its way. I know this because of the following signs

  • I saw a hawk with sticks in its talons (must be making a nest)
  • My mother just bought a bunch of seeds and potting soil
  • ABC does this really cool commercial, featuring my good friend Oprah, where flowers blossom and they flash all sorts of upcoming shows with a song that says something like "Something New Begins"
  • My feet our soaked after my daily run
  • People aren't talking about football anymore
  • My cravings for spring foods are on the rise.
We all know every season has its own foods that go along with it. Apples in the fall, Watermelon in the summer, every pastry known to man during the holiday season!

Below is a list of some of my favorite spring foods. Many of these foods help ward off familiar spring ailments....such as stomach flu. These are worth experimenting with. We can all watch as I try to make some edible meals with foods from this list.

Bok Choy
Kale
Dandelion Greens
Broccoli
Spinach
Radishes

Blueberries
Pears
Grapefruit

Goat Milk

Brown Rice
Rye Bread

Sunflower seeds

Dandelion Tea

Grow Positively,

matthew

PS

*for a complete list of spring foods visit John Douillard's website

http://www.lifespa.com/article.asp?art_id=55

No comments: