Friday, December 21, 2007

The smells , sounds and tastes of the Season



Today I utilized the ever valuable rice cooker to make hot mulled cider for everyone in the office! I sent out an office wide email inviting them to indulge in the smells, sounds and tastes of this wonderful season! Mulling spices consist usually of: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, orange peel, anise and dried fruit pieces. These sweet spices create warmth in the body and are perfect for the winter. I've loved mulled cider for as long back as I can remember. You can literally lull people toward you like a culinary siren as the smells waft throughout a room.


I used a tea ball to put the spices in because I don't like the taste of all the granules floating around in my cider. The rice cooker was kept on the "Cooking" mode and then manually backed off to the "Keep Warm" mode when it got too hot. As you can see it did not last too long. It was quite popular and put everyone in a great mood. Plus I wore a pair of antlers and borrowed a radio that was tuned to the "All Holiday, All The Time" station.

What a great day at work. Too bad I won't be back until Thursday.

Always Smiling,



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so you actually do any WORK when at work?

:)