Thursday, December 20, 2007

Digesting in Style


Here I am after another fine feast at the office. Recently, I've been reading a little bit about the Ayurvedic tradition. I've gained quite a bit from John Douillard's books Body, Mind and Sport and The Three Season Diet. I actually got a chance to meet John Douillard this weekend in New York! I was so excited about his Body, Mind and Sport book that I was talking about it in line. This mini sub line formed and these people starting asking me if I was John Douillard and I laughed and pointed out he was the guy in front of the line facing us.
One valuable thing he talked about was lying on your left side in order to help food pass more effectively through your digestive tract. I gave it a try. I know...I am guilty for lying down on the job but we are talking about digestion. It is close behind breathing in terms of vital priorities for life. My head is resting on what I call a stability disc...but my Mom calls a "porcupine ball". I swear by this device for balance training. When you stand on the spiky side it livens up your feet. I tried to liven up the left side of my brain while I was digesting. Left brain activity is maybe the number one priority in terms of vital priorities for the corporate life.
Stay Lively,
matthew

No comments: