Monday, December 24, 2007

2 in 1 Scale and Measuring Device


This was my first Christmas present that I received this year! Not only does it provide the fluid ounces but it weighs the food as well. This is pretty crazy to me because someone asked me when I took on this whole nutritional eating thing if I was going to turn into Lance Armstrong and start weighing my food! Guess so! If this was a gift I got last year....I would be looking quick to "re-gift" it. But now I can't wait to see people's faces when they seem me doing some office cooking and weighing all my food!

I have not a clue what use this will have but it was fun to use last night. I tried to make a recipe provided by a fellow classmate and weighed all the ingredients. I used 4 cups of chopped sweet potatoes....or 1 pound! Here is the recipe if you would like to include it in any of your holiday meals. I changed only a couple ingredients.

Here it is:

Peanut Soup

2c. chopped onion
1 T. oil of choice
1/2 t. nutmeg
1t. grated ginger root
1c. chopped carrots
2c. chopped sweet potatoes
4c. broth (chicken or vegetables.)
2c. tomato juice
1c. peanut butter
1 T. Maple Syrup

chopped scallions and peanuts are a nice garnish

Saute onion. Stir in cayenne and ginger root. Add carrots and saute for a few minutes. Mix in sweetpotatoes and stock. Bring to a low boil and simmerfor 15 mins. or so until veggies are tender. Pureethe veggies in a blender with the tomato juice. Returnthe puree to pot and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Add agave and season as necessary to taste.

To be a real holiday trickster I could have given the weights instead of the liquid measurements but I really want you guys to all try it!!!

Just weighing in,

matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Just Weighing in"!!
I love it!

I'm excited to see what else comes of this gift you received!

Merry Christmas!
xoxo