Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kitchen Sink Soup


Hello,

Has it really been fourteen days since my last blog post? Wow. Did you all mis me? :).

I am busy living the life of my dreams. Helping people live positive and healthy lives, doing talks, counseling people, going to the grocery store, making some pretty good food. Life is great...but the positive act of eating needs to spread even further. So here I am back and in action!

Today, I want to show you a neat little trick for making soup. Everyone has vegetables lying around that they don't know what to do with. Half a stalk of celery, some leftover carrots, even at the office the refrigerator is full of leftover veggies that need a home. Here is a really simple way to make use of them: Make a soup.

Soup is very unfairly labeled a fall and winter food. I live in New England....we can go for a good soup any time of year.

So here is the process. Round up all your leftover veggies or steal them from the refrigerator at work and chop them all up. Put them in a slow cooker with some any type of broth you want (vegetable/chicken/mushroom/beef/eye of newt). Let this simmer all morning and by lunch you will have a soup!

This is a little chaotic but fun. Quantum physics says the structure of an atom is chaotic and orderly at the same time. Why not take this wonderful scientific theory into our food preparation?

We enjoyed this with some incredible tomato and avocado sandwiches provided by M. Lafleur. What a guy! I even included a picture of him chowing down!



Stay Chaotically Positive,

matthew

No comments: