Wednesday, May 7, 2008

C is for cookie!

Cookies....you absolutely got to eat your cookies. I mean where would the world be without them. As a matter of fact, the cookie is analogous to the spinning disk in the sky we call the "world." They are both round and as you move across them you find all sorts of sweet and good things. Someone should make a cookie that looks like the world!

Last night, I had company coming over and realized I had to make something quick. By no means am I Betty Crocker, but I remembered the concept of how to make a cookie. Take some dry ingredients add them to wet and sticky ingredients and then mix them together. After baking for 10-15 minutes you got a cookie!

So I grabbed some whole wheat graham flour, some rolled oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. I decided to add baking powder....that seems to show up in baking recipes a lot. I have no clue what it does but figured it was best to stay safe and add it. Then I mixed Maple Syrup, canola oil, a little bit of rice milk, vanilla extract in a bowl. I added these two mixtures together, threw in some organic, dark chocolate chips and baked at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes.

To my utter shock this came out delicious. So I recommend you put this concept into action yourself:

Dry stuff - Sticky stuff - Chocolate chips - Bake

It may not make the best cookie in the world. But this is certainly the simplest cookie recipe in existence!

stay positive,

matthew


No comments: