Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Pizza!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I promised a suprise for you and boy did I deliver. Follow me as I take us through this love drenched experience!
Here are the toppings for this Thursday night's pizza. That's right that pot is a 30 year old fondue heater. In it is a melted brick of 65% Cacao chocoloate. On the right are chopped strawberries. These two foods have been enjoying a hot and steamy relationship for years now!
Here is the crust! The universal symbol for love! It is kind of funny how this looks nothing like an actual human heart. I thought about making crust in the shape of an actual human heart. I even broke out an anatomy book my mother bought me for Christmas. It was pretty complicated. I struggle with cutting hearts out of pieces of paper. Thank God Caitlyn is responsible for making the crust :)

Here is the finished product.

Pizza Crust

2 cups wheat flour
2 cups oat bran
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons of "Brown Sugar" ("how come you taste so good" - Rolling Stones)
1 teaspoon of yeast
1 Cup warm water

Toppings
melted chocolate
chopped strawberries
lots of love

Here Caitlyn and I are with our Valentine Pizza. This was nothing short of amazing. You got to try it. "Try a little a tenderness" (Donkey, Shrek) while you are at it.

"All you need is love" - John Lennon

matthew

No comments: