Saturday, February 9, 2008

Father and son bonding in the kitchen....


Here is a picture of my Father (Raymond) and I cooking together. Cooking is a lot more fun and easier when you do it with other people. My father is preparing a chicken caciatorre and I am making Gingered Broccoli with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds. Raymond is very methodical about his cooking. Ever since I was very young he carefully cut us fruit and made a colorful salad every night. He really is a positive guy and lets his attitude permeate through his food. Although this is quite obvious from the photo....I will also mention he is quite a sharp dresser.
Here is the recipe for Gingered Broccoli with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
You will need........
A couple heads of Broccoli
1/2 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds
5 inches of fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
- Pull the broccoli off the stem (this is an easy job to have other people do)
- Grate Ginger (this is not as easy...so I suggest have other people do this as well)
- Mince Garlic
- Steam or quickly boil broccoli
- pour olive oil into a hot skillet
- put garlic and ginger into the hot skillet
- after a minute add broccoli and tamari sauce and swish it around (I would type the word "saute" but I can't find the little line that goes next to the "e" on my keyboard right now)
- Toss in pumpkin seeds and reduce heat.
- cover and serve in 3-5 minutes
stay positive,
matthew

No comments: