Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spice is nice!

Hey everybody. How are you.....and you better not answer "not too bad". If I answered "not too bad" to people, I would be lying. Usually, I am doing great! Even if things I prefer to answer "Fantastic" just because it is a fun little game I like to play. Of course, in that case I would still be lying.....who's the judge of this stuff anyway!

Yesterday's office meal was kind of bland. It needed some spice. I tend to think big so I envisioned myself bringing my entire spice rack to work. I decided I've littered work with enough cooking appliances...I better leave the spices at home. Instead, this morning I took the ingredients I needed and placed them in small tupperware containers. That little jar with the red cap had cumin, curry, nutmeg, chili powder and mustard seed in it. This morning before I left I sprinkled a little bit of each into it and then when I got to work I added them to:

1 can of Coconut Milk
4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

This served as a drizzle for steamed Garnett Yams (really just a big sweet potato)

Here is a picture:
Upon tasting it Matt L. exclaimed "Not too bad"!

hahaha......see how it doesn't really match up with the emphatic passion we should bring to eating as well as life. His actual words were:

"This is good "

He then immediately apologized for using an expletive and said

"This is really good stuff, "

He will get the hang of it eventually. In the meantime may all your meals be positive!

Have a fantastic day

matthew

No comments: