Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs

Hello everyone,

Today I made breakfast for a group of hardworking teachers in the town I live in. This is a monthly ritual for them. One Thursday a month they all bring in food and enjoy selections from a large spread of dishes. I felt one way to thank them for the important work they do is to make an organic healthy breakfast.

Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs
A bunch of eggs
1/2 cup of soy milk
chopped spinach
sliced in half grape tomatoes
lemon pepper
feta cheese

I beat the eggs and soy milk thoroughly then add in some lemon pepper and beat the eggs a little more. I then transfer to a a frying pan that is coated with butter, ghee, shortening...whatever works for you. I let these eggs cook until they are becoming solid but still a little moist. Then I put in the tomatoes and the spinach and move them around until the eggs are done. I transfer these two a casserole dish and sprinkle feta cheese on top. This makes a great lunch and it is colorful...making it a hit at group breakfast events. Sorry there is no picture....I guess I was still a little sleep making this and forgot to bring the most important cooking utensil I have....the camera!

stay positive,
matthew

PS.
off to school again this weekend. The world of Positive Eating is getting busy!

No comments: