Thursday, April 17, 2008

Are you rooted and grounded? Try a Daikon Radish

This may come as a surprise to many of you. But often I am not the most grounded person on the planet. Say one thing that gets me excited and I am off up in the clouds and ready to fly! You should see where a simple conversation about the Muppets can take me! When I drink green tea...which is known to grow at high altitude....consider me on another planet! So I thought to myself, maybe I should eat some foods that grow deep in the ground. We already know I am crazy about sweet potatoes. Well I decided to kick it up a notch when I saw this crazy root in the produce aisle. If the tail end didn't curve I would not have fit it in the picture!
I chopped up my Daikon Radish with care and tossed it in a hot pot with some freshly chopped ginger (another root). This simmered along with a box of Sweet Potato Soup. The box soups were on sale! I could not resist picking up a bunch. So they may be making a consistent appearance here.
Afterwards, I mixed it up with some medium grain brown rice. This meal consisted of three different root vegetables. After the meal my feet were stuck to the floor and I was nervous that I would not be able to get back to my desk. Fortunately I made it and was able to finish this blog post.
Stay Positive,

matthew

1 comment:

Rachel Maeroff said...

I didn't know you were a Muppets fan too! Jim Henson is one of my all time heroes! Along with Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein and the Dalai Lama.