Monday, February 28, 2011

No Sugar for 30 Days!

Hello Positive Eaters,

I am excited to announce a new 30 day challenge! I will be taking it on starting tomorrow. I will be going almost the entire month of March without consuming any processed sugar of any kind. This means anything made with sugar, white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, agave nectar, maple syrup and other such glycemic spiking substances are out for 30 days!

This challenge is going to be even more dynamic because my good friend Jeff will be joining me. Jeff, is better known as Mr. Bartlett, a middle school health teacher by day and superhero by night. He blogs regularly at Middle School Health Esteem. He is a self proclaimed sugar junkie and trying to go clean. Jeff can get me amped to do anything so his involvement is clutch. We will be co-posting at a separate blog page as well on our own respective blogs during the challenge. Here is the new blog make sure you visit it every day...because we will be posting something eye opening, inspiring and wacky every single day. That's a promise

No Sugar Added: A 30 Day Challenge

The URL is : sugarchallenge.blogspot.com

The gist of this thing goes like this. We will be avoiding all processed and refined sugars until the evening of March 30th. That evening I will bring this whole thing crashing down by consuming birthday cake (I turn 29 on March 30th). Along the way I hope to drop some knowledge on you about the sea of sugar we are all swimming in and how awesome it feels to teach your body to burn good clean carbs for fuel rather than rely on the short range jittery junkie energy that sugar provides. Most importantly we are looking to make it fun and interesting.

I will be going into a little more detail in tomorrow's post. I just wanted to get it out there...so that my boy Bartlett remembers this is for real and to make sure you all keep me on task. Here we go!

Stay Positive,

Matthew

PS
If anyone reading this works for Starbucks....do not allow me to order a Green Tea Latte with Soy from you guys for at least 30 days. Thanks a million.

No comments: