Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Washing my hair with dirt!!!!





Hello!

I truly hope you all enjoyed your holidays and were warmed by both primary and secondary food experiences.

I wanted to tell you about a gift I received from my sister Alison. On the show "Dirty Jobs" they were highlighting a company that makes self care products out of dirt! Using dirt to get clean....interesting paradox. She realized the company was based only a short drive from her home and picked me up a bottle of "Sultry Spice" shampoo. We all got a good laugh, as I read out the ingredients.

Pure Earth Hair Wash —

Organic Sultry Spice

Ingredients: Organic aloe vera juice°, clay minerals: aka dirt, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile°, organic shavegrass° and organic vanilla°, essential oils of organic sweet orange°, organic patchouli°, organic true lavender°, organic petitgrain°, organic atlas cedar°, organic cinnamon leaf° and organic pine needle°.

°USDA Certified Organic

I decided to give this a try after my run the next morning. I followed the directions and applied it to my hair. This felt quite strange because the shampoo does not lather at all. I felt like I was putting mud directly into my hair. I applied three teaspoons and rinsed and repeated three times. The water turned all ruddy and brown on the shower floor. I was actually getting dirty in the shower for once!

The rest of the day my hair felt incredible. As a guy, I always laughed at how much money women spend on hair products. I will now admit that your whole day brightens up when you step out with clean flowing locks. However...the shampoo companies are in trouble if word gets out that you can receive the same effect with mud!

The company is called Terresentials and they make skin, hair and body wash as well as deodorant. If you are wary about putting dirt in your hair...you can always buy it for someone else as a joke gift :)

Stay Positive,

Matthew