Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Suprise - Apricot Muffins!



Hello Positive Eaters,

Today I decided to suprise some of the people at my Mom's work with Apricot Muffins. I was hankering for some muffins and wanted to do something different. I had some Polaner Apricot Fruit Spread and it hit me! Apricot muffins! Now I must admit this is not an original idea...I got the picture above from another person's blog who posted on Apricot Muffins (visit their blog here). There are a couple ways to make these muffins. One way is to chop up dried apricots and soak under warm water for 10-15 minutes...the other way is to just add apricot fruit spread to the batter. I used the fruit spread and kind of wished I'd used the dried apricots after. I guess next time. Here is the recipe!

Apricot Muffins

- 1 Cup chopped dried apricots or 4-6 Tablespoons Apricot Fruit Spread
- 2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour (pastry flour or regular flour)
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
- 2 Tbs Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (I think they are the same thing too)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Yogurt if you want a heavier muffin

1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Pour hot water over dried apricots and let sit for five minutes (if using this ingredient)
2. Coat 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray (I reccomend rubbing coconut oil inside).
3. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
4. Combine liquid ingredients in another bowl.
5. Combine dry and liquid ingredients and fold in apricot (spread or dried fruit)
6. Fill muffin tins to top with batter. Bake these twenty minutes and allow to cool ten minutes in the pan.


Enjoy!

Stay Positive,

Matthew